Meet Emma Burgio
No. of Staff: 9
Years in Operation: 13 years
Job Title: General Manager
Emma Burgio said…
Mentoring was a great help for me transitioning from a consultant to a management role within the company as I needed guidance on implementing processes, policies and workflow with the team.
Transitioning into the new role I found the initial challenge was knowing where to begin in implementing a process for the team. I also found it challenging to transition in the perception my team had of me changing roles and taking me more seriously as their manager.
As a result of working with Gen, I have:
- Created a workflow process for the reservations team.
- Implemented fortnightly team meetings to continue effective communication with the whole team.
- Developed a training plan for new team members.
- Developed a call flow process.
- Implemented performance reviews.
- Set goals (personally and with the team)
- Assisted in the team's productivity to reach a 24hr turnaround with phone calls and emails.
My biggest takeaways from Gen’s mentoring were:
- Communication in the team is crucial for productivity and knowledge of what is happening in the operations department.
- Understanding the skills/ strengths and weaknesses of my team is important for our overall growth and success where I can understand how everyone works and what they excel at.
- As the world is opening up we are only getting busier with more people interested in traveling. Should we continue to follow these processes and work well as a team it will work well for us.
I felt like I could share everything on my mind with Gen, and not just work related. I enjoyed feeling comfortable and having an outsider to share news and updates with about the business, and really be heard.
Of course I enjoyed how lovely Gen is to work with and always looked forward to catching up on our personal lives as well.
Life’s An Adventure
Life's an Adventure provides award-winning ‘Pack free’ walking holidays experiences across Australia and the world. The company offers a range of guided tours and outdoor experiences with a focus on eco-friendly and sustainable practices. Their activities include kayaking, hiking, and cycling tours, as well as multi-day and private tours.
Life's an Adventure's tours are designed to showcase the natural beauty of Australia's most spectacular regions, including the Blue Mountains, the Hunter Valley, Kangaroo Island, Western Australia and Tasmania. The pack free tours are particularly popular, allowing guests to travel with minimal luggage and without the burden of carrying heavy packs.
Find out more…