Reservations Manager Emma Burgio said…
Mentoring was a great help for me transitioning from a consultant to a management role within the company as I needed guidance on implementing processes, policies and workflow with the team.
Transitioning into the new role I found the initial challenge was knowing where to begin in implementing a process for the team. I also found it challenging to transition in the perception my team had of me changing roles and taking me more seriously as their manager.
As a result of working with Gen, I have:
- Created a workflow process for the reservations team.
- Implemented fortnightly team meetings to continue effective communication with the whole team.
- Developed a training plan for new team members.
- Developed a call flow process.
- Implemented performance reviews.
- Set goals (personally and with the team)
- Assisted in the team's productivity to reach a 24hr turnaround with phone calls and emails.
My biggest takeaways from Gen’s mentoring were:
- Communication in the team is crucial for productivity and knowledge of what is happening in the operations department.
- Understanding the skills/ strengths and weaknesses of my team is important for our overall growth and success where I can understand how everyone works and what they excel at.
- As the world is opening up we are only getting busier with more people interested in traveling. Should we continue to follow these processes and work well as a team it will work well for us.
I felt like I could share everything on my mind with Gen, and not just work related. I enjoyed feeling comfortable and having an outsider to share news and updates with about the business, and really be heard.
Of course I enjoyed how lovely Gen is to work with and always looked forward to catching up on our personal lives as well.